A Fun Way to Learn and Grow!
We Invite you to our 2020 Summer Camps
With five separate camp dates and loads of options to choose from, your child will have a blast at one of our summer camps!
What Are We Doing?
Having fun, building confidence and improving coordination at one or more of the Summer camp offerings at Mantis Kung Fu!
Our Summer camps are for kids 6-13. Mantis Kung Fu Camps have a balanced mix of physical activity and cultural learning, with plenty of playtime and rest/snack breaks. Kids learn and practice stretching, stances for balance and discipline, punches and blocks, safe falling/tumbling and they play games that develop coordination.
As they advance through the week or the summer, they will develop footwork, speed, reflexes, decision making, coordination, and balance/flow. At MKF your child will learn, traditions and discipline that will help them throughout their years.
Ready to Sign Up?
Pick your date!
When Are The camps?
June 1st through the 5th , June 22nd through the 27th, July 13th through the 17th, and August 3rd through the 7th.
- Full-day camp (8 am – 4:30 pm)
- Half-day camp (8 am- 12 pm OR 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- One day camp (one day of the week, 8 am – 4:30 pm)
Aftercare options are available!
What does my child need to participate?
We strive to welcome everyone into our school, but first, you’ll need a few things before your child can step on the mats!
- A water bottle (we do have fountains, just in case)
- Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that’s safe to tumble and play in!
- A lunch and snack from home for each day they’re enrolled.
Who is leading the class?
- Shifu Amarante Garcia, our kids’ instructor and Mandarin teacher will be leading the classes on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Shifu James White, our adults and advanced Mantis instructor will be leading the camp on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Once the class reaches a certain number of participants, we will have extra hands on deck!
- One of our older Gold Mantis Students (Students who have advanced past our sash system) will be helping out when they can.
- For every 8 students, we will have one more adult chaperone to help keep everything safe and in check.